Workshop: Potential and challenges of grazing dairy cows in Mid-Europe
A EuroDairy workshop on the topic "Potential and challenges of grazing dairy cows in Mid-Europe" was held at Großbarkau close to Kiel in Northern Germany on Thursday 30 August 2018.
The five main questions intensively discussed at the workshop included:
- Why the revival of grazing dairy cows?
- What are the obstacles to pasture-based farms in all of the different regions present?
- What un-answered questions farmers had in respect to grazing?
- Where are the research gaps?
- Which support needs pasture from regional decision makers or/and the EU?
More details on the discussions are available to download here: