Pan European workshop on socio economic resilience
“Resilience”, from a farming systems perspective is “the ability of a system to withstand severe usually unpredictable disturbing forces”. Two elements of resilience are identified:
1. the systems’ resistance to the disturbance and
2. its rate and degree of recovery from the disturbance.
As such, a more resilient farming system is one that has a smaller reduction in productivity, as a result of a shock or disturbance, recovers more quickly and more completely than a less resilient system.
The goal of EuroDairy is to identify and promote farm-level solutions and strategies to deal with these shocks.
The scope of this workshop was to bring together expert thinking, experience and practice from across Europe, providing insight into:
- characteristics of resilience
- resilience at farm level
- resilience through the supply chain
- drivers and enablers of greater resilience.
More information about the workshop is available to download in the report here...