GP Mortellaro Management
Start Date: 01 September 2017
End Date: 31 August 2019
Location: Roeselare, Belgium
- Mortellaro is a hoof disease that can cause many losses on dairy farms. In this OG they are looking for a best practice solution to reduce this disease.
The objectives of the project are:
- To gather and combine the available knowledge on the treatment and prevention of Mortellaro into a practical and affordable protocol for the prevention of this condition.
- To explore the possibilities for innovative, alternative, ecologically and economically sound prevention methods for
- To examine the influence of the mineral supply and possible prevention methods in the context of biosafety in young stock in order to draw up a protocol for young cattle
- To collect methods for curing this condition and to collect and disseminate information about this.
- Knowledge exchange and discussions leading to a general consensus on both the prevention and the cure of this condition with respect for the
- Carrying out a cost-benefit analysis of existing and alternative possibilities to tackle Mortellaro.
- Universiteit Gent
- Dierengezondheidszorg Vlaanderen
- 5 Dairy Farmers
Coordinator name and contact:
Inagro, Canniere Evi, email@example.com
Europees Landbouwfonds voor Plattelandsontwikkeling, Europa investeert in zijn platteland