Greater output, whilst impacting less
A key objective of sustainable intensification of agriculture is the achievement of ‘greater output, whilst impacting less’. Through the application of best practice, and practice-based innovation, EuroDairy aims to improve the efficiency of dairy farms in the use of resources, in order to increase technical performance, improve profitability and reduce environmentally damaging emissions to air and water. The objective is to demonstrate how resource use efficiency can be improved at farm level, to improve output per unit of output, reduce nutrient surplus (especially N and P), reduce the need for purchased feed and fertilizer inputs, increase profitability and lower emissions to the environment.
Within the EuroDairy network many activities will be organised on this ‘accelarator of (ex)change’ in the dairy sector. Here an overview of everything you’ve missed so far!
– Re-introduction of grazing for dairy cows on a mix farm in Northern Germany: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efniBdt3tw&feature=youtu.be
– The use rapeseed cake in dairy nutrition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsEhuDvDtU&feature=youtu.be
– How to minimise silage losses in winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_nA1amAPxU&feature=youtu.be
– Measurement tool resource efficiency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8FgWP6z_is.
– Compact TMR for improved feed efficiency. Some Danish specialist gave a sound presentation on this relevant topic: https://eurodairy.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CompactTMR_Webinar_17Jan2017_final.pdf.
– Explaination how to use the resource efficiency tool (data collection). WP-leader Resource Efficiency Thomas Andersen gave a brief webinar on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8FgWP6z_is.